We always need new volunteers! Opportunities include, but are not limited to, working in the B & B Diner (Community Dining Lunch Program), working in the SESSC’s Cheap Chickadee Thrift Store, and working during special events. Stop by, call or email Kate Harkins at (206) 722-0317 to hear more and see if there is a job that’s just right for you.
- Front Desk Receptionist – Receptionists have the special and distinct honor of being the first face new people see when they visit our Center for the first time. Use your warm smile to greet people, both familiar and new
- Volunteers for Wednesday Bingo – We need volunteers for Bingo!
- Center Beautification – Plant flowers around the Center, Change light bulbs, Dust office blinds
- Office Support – Shred documents, assist with mailings, organize work room supplies
- Event Assistance – One of the ways the SESSC is able to provide the activities you enjoy is by raising money through our various special events such as the Lifetime Member Dinner, Auctions, and Rainbow Bingo. Be a part of the group that truly makes it happen at the Southeast Seattle Senior Center
- Community Dining Lunch Program – Because participation in our lunch program has grown dramatically, Sharon Smith, our Master Chef, needs help in the kitchen with a variety of tasks, like food preparation and washing dishes. One of the perks of being a volunteer in the Community Dining Lunch program is that you don’t have to pay for lunch. Help in the kitchen preparing lunch, as many as 5 days a week, M-F 10:00 am – 1:00 pm.
- Computer Lab – Teach a computer class or be an on-call consultant in the lab
- Photographer – Takes photos at SESSC events, take photos at SESSC activities, encourage people to smile
- Teach a Class or Create your own Volunteer Opportunity – Teach ukulele or something you would enjoy teaching, plan a party, or contribute your skills in another way
- Cheap Chickadee Thrift Shop – We need volunteers! Be a part of the team that plays a major role in providing revenue for the Center. Help in the thrift store weekdays and on the 3rd Saturday of the month, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm.
- Fund Raising Support – Ask businesses for gift card or item donations.
- Guide for Transportation – Assists with Casino trips, be a van driver.
- Pick up and Delivery – Pick up items as needed, deliver items as needed.
- Outreach Worker – be an ambassador for your center.
- Join the Board – contribute your energy and expertise to our volunteer leadership teams a job that’s just right for you.